Friday, July 17, 2009

Turning 48

So today is the day I have been dreading. I turn another year older.
I know........get over it. As my dear friend Barb would say "waa, waa, waa"! :)

Since my birthday always falls in the week of vacations (in Canada it was summer vacation, in Paraguay winter vac.) I´m pretty used to it, that many of my friends or family are not there to celebrate it with me. Usually they are off traveling. So this year I made sure my friends were available. I invited them in the beginning of the month already and we had our party together!
Here I am, opening a few gifts.

I love playing games, so I had prepared a few games to liven things up. You probably all know the purse game, right? The person with the most things in their purse wins a prize. Here you see some of us searching for the requested item..........
....and the pile on the table is getting bigger....
Of course we had great food as well.
We had a blast like always and I am blessed to have such a great group of friends.

Today I´ll be home in the afternoon and hopefully some family and other friends will show up to have a piece of cake and coffee. I don´t really have my expectations too high but I´ll have the cake ready. Any of you guys want to show up? You are invited!!

For the weekend, my hubby is giving me my birthday wish. I wanted to go to Asuncion to celebrate with Michelle at the new TGIF. I haven´t been there yet, so I hope it will be as good as they say. Afterward a movie and Sunday maybe a little shopping. The perfect gift for me. :)

Hope you all have a great weekend and will see you next week!

18 comments:

spunkysuzi said...

Happy Birthday :) Hope you have a great day!!

DayPhoto said...

48!?!?! Your still a baby! Get out there and enjoy living.

Once I asked my mother how she felt being 65 and she said once you hit your 60s you realize that life is good, who you are is good and all those things you used to put such an emphasis on are really nothing.

That has really helped me know that things really are nothing. Just worry in my mind.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

OH! Happy Birthday!

Rhonda said...

Happy birthday my friend!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend!

a corgi said...

Happy Birthday Betty!! what a great party it looked like; I had never heard of the purse game, that sounds like a fun one (but I don't usually carry a purse, LOL)

I hope you have a great day! sounds like you have some fun planned for it and that is always a nice way to spend a special day like this!

betty

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Betty! I wish I could be there and stop by to say hello!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Happy Birthday Dear Betty! Sending love and good wishes!!!!
xo

wy-not said...

Happy Birthday Betty! I hope you enjoy this wonderful day that God has made! Do something wonderful for yourself and make it special. Blessings to you!

JC said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, 48 IS A WONDERFUL AGE. At least I think it was. HA!!! Just a little old folks humor. You are indeed blessed to have such great friends.

Nina in Portugal said...

Happy birthday my friend!

Wish I could stop by for cake....sniff..sniff...

Midwest Mommy said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Cicero Sings said...

Happy Birthday! So turning 48 wasn't really so bad with family and friends to help you over the hump???? You are still a young chick compared to me! Have a great weekend shopping etc.

bettyl said...

Happy Birthday! It's just a number, Betty, so just take the pressies and smile!!

GutsyWriter said...

Happy Birthday and 48 is young. I actually enjoyed turning 50. I think the worst for me was turning 30.
Your friends look like a great group. Do you all have short hair? I just noticed that.
Have fun shopping today as it's Sunday.

Lorrie said...

Happy Birthday Betty. It looks like you have a great group of friends. I hope your birthday weekend turned out just as you hoped it would. Now that you're over the hump I don't think you'll find that 48 is so bad!

grammy said...

Happy BD (o: Hope your little trip was absoulutly wonderful. You look great and seems like you feel great. PTL Getting another year older is always better than the alternitive (o:

Frizzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frizzy said...

Ok, this is my 3rd attempt at leaving a note to you. First, Happy Belated Birthday my dear. Sorry I missed it! Second, I need some coffee before I comment on any more blogs. LOL Third, I hope you had the best birthday EVER!

ladyfi said...

Happy Birthday. And what great presents!

You're ONLY 48!! I'll be turning 50 this year.

Gulp...