October was the last Hodgepodge I did. Can that be??! I miss it and will join in again today!
1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
I last saw a snake in my front lawn. It was a garden snake and I let it live. I have "respect" for snakes, but they don´t really freak me out. Most people think because we live in the "boonies" we are constantly fighting off snakes, but that´s not so. We rarely see a snake, and if so the cat usually takes care of them.
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
In some ways yes, like if someone ALWAYS wins in draw´s or raffles (I know someone like that). But in other ways I think it´s Gods guidance. So my answer is yes and no.
3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?
Most recently I´ve done none of these three...hahaha. But I would love to build a snowman, if that were possible. :)
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
With my worrying. When you are right in the "middle of it" you don´t see how futile it is, that it only makes you more miserable. And later on when the years have past you can look back and think "WHY did you worry so? What good did it bring you?"
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
I can´t even remember it.
6. What's something you can't say no to?
7. Are you a doodler?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am cleaning out the closets of my home today. LOT´s of stuff going to the Second Hand or donation, I can feel it. I need to make room for our guest that is arriving on the weekend. Hopefully I´ll find the blanket I´m missing. It seems every time I have a pair of blankets one of them goes missing...like socks. lol