Wednesday, February 20, 2013
1. When were you last 'on a mountaintop'? You may answer in the literal or figurative sense.
Wow, that was a long time ago. When we visited Canada in 2004 we went to Grouse Mountain top. Missing my Canada right now.
2. Do you establish and maintain a strict budget in your household? What is one piece of financial advice you would offer someone just starting out on their own?
Not very strict, but we do pay off our bills each month. Credit Cards are not used that much in this country (yet), but our Co-op does have the ability to debit our account automatically when we buy produce at their stores. So that way we can always check our balance and know where we stand.
Advice I would give someone young is that you should always SAVE part of your earnings.
3. Cherries-yay or nay? Cherry pie, cherry cola, black forest cake, or a scoop of Ben and Jerry's Cherries Garcia...pick one.
Yay, Yay, Yay! Just plain cherries is fine by me. But if I had to pick one of the above it would be Black Forest cake.
4. Should you ever discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?
I wouldn´t discuss politics, but religion yes. Respectfully of course. I don´t know enough about politics to discuss it.
5. When you take a road trip do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger? Where were you headed on your last road trip?
If I´m going somewhere with hubby, we share the driving, but if I drive with other people I prefer to drive myself.
The last trip we made was to that hotel in eastern Paraguay. I posted about it here.
6. If we peeked inside your closet, what color would we say is most prevalent?
Mostly white and light blue. It´s what I where to work and I have many blouses with that color.
7. Who's your favorite senior citizen and why are they special?
I should probably put my parents name here, but my favorite is someone called David Hein. He is 90 years old and lives in our community. He is the happiest senior I know. He is married to his second wife and still does some gardening and writes his memoirs. I think he´s special, because he has not let misfortunes or bad luck get him down. He still has hobby´s with his age and he does not let age hold him back. I love that!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
11 days to go. Things are going well and we are getting excited for the big event to happen. Dresses are ready and the last details are being made (i.e. napkins folded). I am so happy for Michelle and Dominic and hope that they will have a beautiful day. It´s a relief that Michelle decided to have the wedding inside the church (no last minute dramas due to weather issues) and weather permitting the reception will be outside. Now the day just has to come...
I have finally been able to get back to exercising. I have a routine now. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I walk and Tuesday and Thursday I have water aerobics (LOVE). Hopefully I´ll get my eating in control too, so I can lose some of that weight I still need to...
Here´s a screen shot of the fitness program I use.
Hope everyone is doing well!