Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday´s Hodgepodge

It´s been too long, that I haven´t been here! I miss you guys and wish I could read all your blogs more regularly. But today I have some free time, so I thought I´d join in the Hodgepodge.



1. What's something you're never too young or too old to enjoy?

Good food, good books and travel. Ok maybe one day you´ll be too old to travel, but you should do it as long as you can. Oh, and good friends. NEVER too old for that.


2. Share one happy memory from your high school years.
When we moved back to Paraguay, I was just starting high school.




I had a hard time accepting that we lived in Paraguay now, but the one thing that got me "over" it was that we were allowed to drive around on our motorcycle from a very young age. We lived/live in a very remote area, a small town community and back then there were even fewer rules and regulations, so we had the freedom of driving ourselves around. It was FUN and gave a the feeling of being grown up.


3. A nationwide strike of fast food employees took place in the US last week...they're calling for higher wages and the right to unionize. Your thoughts?

Don´t really have an opinion on this, but I would totally be against a union. Those people that want one do not know that they may earn more, but there are other "ties" to consider.

4. September is National Honey Month...what's a favorite dish you make or eat that calls for honey?

I rarely use honey. If I do it´s on fresh baked bread with lots of butter underneath...haha

5. If you notice someone with a tag sticking out, a button unbuttoned, a shirt inside-out, or some leftover lunch between their teeth, do you say something or do you keep quiet?

I agree with Joyce, if I know the person I would probably say something, but if not....not sure.

This reminds me of a funny story. My friend always tells her husband what to wear, and one time he was going on a trip to a conference in Asuncion. So she packed his clothes and put notes on his shirts, saying "this shirt goes with the brown pants". The husband goes to the conference and puts on the clothes, like the wife had packed, but forgets to take the note off the shirt.... So when he walked into the conference, luckily someone told him, he had a note sticking on his shirt....hahahaha

6. What's a movie that always makes you cry? Or at least makes you feel like crying?

I haven´t watched a movie in such a long time. But one that made me cry, is "Into the wild". The book is really good too. So sad.

7. Mary Had a Little Lamb was written in 1830, and published in Juvenile Miscellany in September of that same year. Now for the fun part...create your own four line rhyme using that same tune.

Oh Joyce, I hate rhymes and doing rhymes! :) But for you:

Today is my day off, yeah!
My day off,  yeah!
My day off yeah!

What will I do with all the time?!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Just to catch you all up, all is good here. The job is busy but good. This month will be very slow, because my boss is traveling, so I have very little to do....hence the spurt in blogging. haha
The girls are doing good as well. Busy with working and being newlyweds. Last week we celebrated hubby´s birthday and our son-in laws prepared dinner for us all. He loved that (as you can see). ;)




Sunday we celebrate 34 years of marriage. How did that happen??! I think we may have skipped a couple of years. haha




11 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm glad you are having some time with things a little less busy for a while. I love the picture of you and your sister on your motorcycle. Do you ever ride one now?
Happy anniversary to you and your hubby.

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on 34 years. It's becoming a rarer achievement all the time. I also have a newlywed daughter. She and her husband moved to Peru!

Joyce said...

Goodness so much to comment on...first yay! I love seeing you in the HP : ) I'm glad the girls are doing well, and husbands who cook are definitely keepers. Happy Birthday to your hubs...my hubs celebrated a birthday over the weekend too.

Happy Anniversary!

betty said...

Happy belated anniversary Betty and husband! Glad you will have an easier time in September with your work schedule. How neat to have dinner prepared by your son in laws!

betty

Cicero Sings said...

Good to see you up with a post! Nice you have a bit of reprieve in the busy-ness and it sounds like all is well! Well is GOOD!! Happy anniversary. 34 years - how the years do slip along.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Great to hear from you, Betty. Happy belated birthday to your husband. He looks like he's enjoying himself.

The story about the wife who tagged the husband's clothes for the biz trip cracked me up!

Glad to hear all is well and things are a bit slow at work. And happy the girls are enjoying being newlyweds.

xoxo jj

Kay said...

Happy birthday to your hubby and Happy Anniversary too! I'm so glad things are going so well for you all. Yae!!! Must have been fun riding motorcycles around when you were teenagers.

Debsdailylife said...

BETTY!!! Happy Anniversary!! Good to hear your voice again!!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Happy Anniversary wishes (I think I was more timely with them on facebook) and your #5 story made me laugh!

Kay said...

Happy anniversary, Betty! The years do fly by, don't they? I can hardly believe it's been 40 years for us. I agree about the good food, books and travel. I just told someone today that there was something stuck to her lip. :-)

Kimberly Hoyt said...

We celebrated our 34th this year too! Happy Anniversary :)

I wanted to learn to ride a little motorcycle when I was in high school, but I'm such a klutz that everyone was afraid to let me. ha! I'm glad you got to enjoy that experience though.

Loved the story about the husband who forgot to take his wife's note off his shirt :)